NDHC League Match Reports: 05/11/2016

Women’s East Hockey League Premier Division
Norwich Dragons 1s 4-1 Wisbech Town 1

Dragons 1XI welcomed Wisbech 1XI to the den on Saturday with high hopes of gaining three points they have missed in the past few games.

Dragons started off the game with high intensity with fluent movement from the defence in to midfield and then on to the forward line. Dragons had an early chance with Captain Rachel King driving with the ball in to the Wisbech circle. King found herself and Niamh Lowe-Davies with no defenders around them and only the keeper in front of them. King selflessly went to pass to Lowe-Davies but the keeper made a brilliant save with her stick.

Dragons continued to pressure the Wisbech defence with good pressing from Hayley Toleman and the forward line. Olivia Thomas, made an excellent tackle and drove down the right in to the Wisbech circle but there were no Dragons players to touch the ball into goal. The first half continued with countless Dragons’ attacks – but with 11 behind the ball Dragons, began to feel frustrated. Great play from Louise Murray on the right linked with Olivia

Thomas and Marie James ensured no Wisbech player could get in to the circle to score.During the half time talk, Dragons were told by coach Pete Thomas not to get discouraged with the score line when it felt like Dragons should have been 6-0 up.

The half started well with Sarah Jenkins playing some great passes up the line to the forward which were utilised well. Dragons won a penalty corner within the first 5 minutes. At half time the gaps in the Wisbech defensive penalty corner line up were discussed and this allowed dragons to utilise this. King took the ball at the top of the circle and with a great piece of individual skill, beat the first player and then the second – calmly slotted the ball in to the bottom corner.  This gave the boost dragons needed as soon after, Dragons won another penalty corner. The ball was stopped at the top of the circle by Thomas, pushed by King to Toleman on the right which was placed back to King on the penalty spot who slotted the ball past the keeper once more.

Soon after this Dragons dominated again with Liv Sumpter and Sophie Mullan playing some lovely hockey in midfield to the forward line. Sophie Mullan drove to the outside of the circle, played the ball to King who played the ball across to Niamh Lowe-Davies who then passed it across to Hayley who finished off a wonderful team goal.

Dragons looked comfortable for the remainder of the game with countless attacks. After another penalty corner was won by Toleman – Dragons scored the same switching goal with Lowe-Davies deflecting the push high in to the top right corner.

In the last minute of the game Wisbech won a controversial corner and as the whistle had gone they put 10 players at the top of the circle. Wisbech slotted the ball in for the game to finish 4-1. Dragons felt they could have scored a lot more.

Women’s East Hockey League Division 1N
Norwich Dragons 2s 0-3 Lindum 1

Norwich Dragons travelled to Lincoln with optimism, having recognised a few areas to improve on in previous weeks and making a slight tweak to the formation.  Last season’s fixture saw the 2s debut for Lara Taylor, who has gone on from strength to strength, whilst still only 14, unfortunately alarm clock issues meant Lara didn’t travel with the squad, but followed on behind.  This season the fixture saw a debut to the Club for Hannah Phillips.
Phillips and Taylor linked up well in the early stages of the game and the adjusted formation, along with work on defensive short corners gave the team a solid first 10 minutes defensively.  However, Lindum eventually broke the deadlock with a deflected short corner, this was after the award of numerous and sometimes bewildering short corners, which player of the match Emma Cleland in goal was seeing off with the solid defensive lineup of Carmel Windsor Waite, Sarah Borrett, Shelly Seaman and Karen O’Neill-Simpson. 
The visitors rallied after this and created a few opportunities of their own through the remainder of the first half, with Claire Canning returning to her home county in fine form and fellow midfielder Helen Busfield battling well to keep Lindum at bay, however Dragons were unable to break down the Lindum defence.
At halftime the team were told to focus on the things they could influence, the opposition and officials were not part of that, and Dragons’ passing game needed to improve. However, the second half didn’t quite go to plan, with Lindum scoring after a few seconds of the pushback and playing the better hockey throughout most of the second half, going on to score once more.
Dragons kept plugging away with Issy Wolfe driving in behind the defence, a reverse-stick effort from Taylor going wide, Hannah Hardy forcing a full length diving save from the Lindum keeper and Laura Ward beating the keeper only to see her shot rebound off the post to safety.  However, it wasn’t to be Dragons day.
A big improvement over last week’s performance and a few more things to work on before the talented individuals in this newly formed team get to play to their full collective potential.
Many of the team, including captain Karen O’Neill-Simpson who suffered a serious thumb injury in the last 10 minutes, had to brush themselves down, patch themselves up and head to Letchworth on Sunday for the England Hockey Ladies Over 35s Masters Trophy match.

Empresa Norfolk Women’s Premier Division
Norwich Dragons 3s 3-0 UEA 2

On a wet and windy morning, Dragons arrived with a well-stocked team of 14 players to play against UEA 2s. As the match began, the horizontal hail didn’t dampen team spirits as Dragons pressed high into the attacking half, with pressure from midfielders Lauren Lawrie and Hazel Sumner pressing the game in the D. Unfortunately after only 5 short minutes Ally Windsor-Waite left the pitch injured following a crunching tackle. Undeterred, dragons fought back and were rewarded with several short corners, however it soon became clear the UEA keeper would be putting up a fight, blocking shots left right and centre. Dragons became more creative with their short corner routines – including the famous “Chuckle brothers” between Caroline Wolfe and Debs Smith, however to no avail. The score remained 0-0 at half time.

After a team talk from the stand-in coach Sarah Wagstaff, Dragons were ready to up the ante for the second half. UEA clearly also had a strong half time talk as they flew up the pitch with several counter-attacks. Despite this, superb defending from Harriet Green, Angela Murgatroyd and player of the match Kath Mares meant Amy Forse had very little work to do in goal apart from stand her ground. The speedy legs of Danni Garwood helped slow down UEA, making crucial tackles to help regain possession. Building on this, dragons benefited again from another short corner. Following the rebound from the initial shot, Dragons were rewarded with a goal after Trish Hagen hit the ball across the line from the right hand side.

With only 10 minutes left of the match, Dragons were energised after scoring. Forward Sian Lawrie confidentially carried the ball into the D only to have the ball rebound up in the air off the goalie. The ball was brought down safely by Lauren, allowing Caroline to sweep the ball in the net for a 2-0 score line. Dragons quickly reset as UEA began to tire, with Marcy Windsor-Waite making fantastic runs down the right wing keeping the ball glued to her stick. As Marcy reached the base line, she perfectly pushed the ball back into Caroline for a tap in on goal to give a final winning score of 3-0. Dragons worked as a unit for the game and had been patient and persistent for the goals, leading to a great win for the team.

Empresa Norfolk Women’s Premier Division
Norwich Dragons 4s 2-7 Dereham 3

Despite the abysmal weather ( sleet and rain) we managed to dominate the play for the first and last 10 minutes of the game. It was a shame that so many goals were conceded between these periods.

Claire played well throughout, she was extremely supportive, always in space and made some great distributive passes. She well deserved her POM award.

Everyone worked really hard. We were 3 – 0 down at half time, despite having won numerous short corners and hitting the post on several occasions. Catherine played well, playing with determination on the wing. She was rewarded with a goal early in second half.

Charlotte also had lots of nominations for player of the match, and worked hard in the centre of the pitch.

The defence ( Amy, Sarah, Lou and Ella) were under a lot of pressure at times and remained calm. Working well as a unit they certainly kept the score line down.

Ellie certainly can hit the ball hard on the reverse, and deserved her goal. She was close to scoring on a number of occasions.

Jasmine started well, but was forced to retire after a head injury – the team hope she gets well soon.

Congratulations to everyone for their continued determination and attacking aggressive play right until the final whistle.

Empresa Norfolk Women’s Division 1
Norwich Dragons 5s 3-0 UEA 3

After a week off enjoying relaxation and fun the 5’s were glad to only have 1 sub and get some extra match fitness in!  With an earlier start and a chill in the air, the UEA had first push back.  The 5’s had already decided a win was needed and from previous matches to follow the format of passing, holding our shape and being first to the ball.  This took a little time to embed and for the first 15 minutes the ball was taken end to end.  The UEA found it difficult to penetrate our strong defensive posse of Jemima Williams, Amelia Smith and Helen Marsh.  Who are all quick to read and halt play by returning the ball back to the Dragons.   Lynne Price was always on hand charging around the midfield picking up the ball and with those perfect passes finding Mel Widdows or Laura Hansell out on the wings.  At times the UEA were quick to close us down and seemed to pack the D making it difficult to work the ball in.  First chance on goal came from a ball from Racheal Matthews into Lynne a strike into the keeper, who went to ground, Lisa Harwood tried to flick the ball over the keeper but it came off the post.  The 5’s were now finding they had more chances in the D and the midfield were pulling into support.  The first goal was a combined effort with close action, the keeper trying to keep the ball out, a pass in from Catherine Matthews returning the ball in again and finally Lisa pushing it under the keeper and into the backboard.  This gave everyone a boost and the momentum needed.  At half time the effort was on not to get too close to each other, maintain positions and make the ball do more work.

The UEA came out with more effort but the Dragons were highly energised Vicky Earley whipped around the midfield and even showed off some 3D skills tapping the ball pass the gaping UEA players.  This was followed by lovely zig zag passing from Mel, Lynne and Jenna Inglis, who used her speed to bypass the opposition and get the ball into the D.  Another goal soon followed with a lovely slap behind the keeper from Racheal.  Luisa Valentini was giving herself a warm up at the other end of the pitch with a few jumps before she froze solid, her nimble toes were not called into action much during the game and less so in the second half.  The pressure on the UEA was high and constant in the second half, with the ball being fed into the D by Lynne, Catherine, Mel and Jenna.  The final goal was a super example of skills by Catherine, weaving the ball past the opposition defenders and then a solid strike into the back of the goal, the shriek of joy was ear piercing!!  Everyone felt like they had a cracking game.  Man of the match was Jemima for her silky defending skills, solid stance and composure under pressure.

Empresa Norfolk Women’s Division 2
Norwich Dragons 6s 0-0 North Norfolk 2

A match to remember probably more for the weather than the score!  Not for want of trying though for the Dragons who again worked tirelessly and with great spirit until the end.

A really positive start put early pressure on Nth Norfolk with a few goal line scrambles with the Nth Norfolk keeper, the first 10 minutes really being Dragon dominated.  Some great early work from Rosie Skipp up front but a lack of Dragon urgency following shots at the goalie couldn’t make it count.

Nth Norfolk came back into the game putting some pressure on a committed  and solid Dragon defence.  The ever dependable Hannah Woods, Ginny Simkin and Katie Franks were always in control with Beth Coates staying strong and firm in the middle effecting some great distribution up the pitch.

Hammered by wind and rain made the game hard work for everyone but didn’t dampen Dragon enthusiasm.

The second half brought Dragons again putting the pressure on straight away.  Short corner injection by Sue Brumby to Kelly Mills who executed an excellent strike with Brumby on the post to deflect in – or at least that was the plan –  the deflection went wide.  Some excellent work from Fiona Fletcher whose work was recognized by her team mates voting her man of the match though sadly the Trophy Dragon hadn’t made it to the game so it was extra cake for Fletch instead.

Some sweet strikes from Lizzy  McDonnell at the goal really should have resulted in at least one goal but again, it just didn’t seem to want to happen for the 6s today.  Some lovely triangle passes up the pitch instigated by Nicola Robinson who always seems to see the space to pass into to get the momentum going was an example of some great team work.

In summary a hard fought game on the part of both teams but frustrating for the Dragons not to have scored.  Full commitment to the game and each other clearly evident in this 6s squad again today.

Empresa Norfolk Women’s Division 3
Norwich Dragons 7s 3-0 Dereham 5 (Dereham conceded)

Empresa Norfolk Women’s Division 3
Norwich Dragons 8s 1-1 Loddon 2

Dragons started brightly and took an early lead. It looked as though they might be able to dominate this game, but Loddon fought back. Once they had equalised, Dragons needed all their strength and determination and some excellent keeping from stand-in goalie Kat Spiers (pom) to hang on to a point.

Strategically the 8s set themselves up very well, with Jo North  commanding the back line and using her knowledge of squad strengths to set out some excellent rotations and formations. With 15 players lined up, the team welcomed the support of Amy Forse and Claire Fairhurst to ensure the subbing went like clockwork and the team (by and large!) did not lose its shape.

In the first ten minutes, Dragons kept the visitors penned in their defensive quarter. Throughout the game, there were speedy runs by Katie Moulson and Maisie Dearmer and then when Amelia Keitley-Webb moved up front in the second half the 8s showed the potential of their attack. After four penalty corners, Dragons were awarded a flick and a very nervous Bridget Le Good managed to scrape the ball into the offside corner. Bridget also gets the DOD award for losing her club shirt. Luckily Ruth Barton had a spare, and that was her last charitable event of the day as she gave nothing away in defence. Also in defence was Johanne Steward, who deserves a mentions for developing her push stroke and taking some very penetrative 16 hits.

Captain Katy Cole led by example as she encouraged her team to keep their shape, and keep passing, and she got some good runs down the left. Sophie Drew was also effective on the left and grew in confidence as the game progressed. Our midfield – Gemma Ballard, Anna Chapman, Louise Brooks, Louise Bond, Jess Lockwood proved that they could put in some good tackles and make neat passes. Very encouraging, given that these players are either stars of the Get Back Into programme, or new Dragon babes just breaking through into club hockey.

Loddon had been slow to start, but they had two strong players capable of creating havoc through the middle. As can be expected with an inexperienced formation, Dragons lost their shape under pressure. Loddon scrambled their equaliser in the 25th minute, but in fairness they had many excellent shots on target. If it had not been for The Kat, and some very acute umpiring, Loddon could have taken a win.

So this was an end-to-end game, with both teams making some good moves but also showing areas for improvement. Dragons will talk to their coaches about adjusting their formation, because the visitors always seemed to have an extra player in midfield. The 8s are very keen to improve and learn, and look forward to many more matches as enjoyable as this one.


EHB Ladies O35’s Trophy Round 2

Letchworth O35’s   3  v   3   Norwich Dragons O35’s (Dragons won 3-2 on Penalty Flicks)
The Dragons ‘Fun-Bus’ left the Den bright and early, alas with just a bare 11 players following 2 players having to withdraw from the squad at late notice. Small in number but big in spirit, the team arrived in good time and in good voice. The clouds rumbled in and the wind blew, but the Dragons were ready for action.
Both teams started brightly with chances at both ends. The Dragons defence were working well as a unit, with Kate Bond directing from her goal and Angela Murgatroyd, Sarah Wagstaff and Sarah Borrett having confidence in one another to move the ball around the back, with even time for a little bit of day-dreaming and taking in the surroundings by the Dragons RB! Shelly Seaman was busy as ever protecting her defence and the midfielders of Karen O’Neill Simpson, Gail Thomas and the returning Rowan York-Smith worked incredibly hard as a unit, supporting defence and attack. 
The deadlock was broken mid way through the half, with an excellent ball from Shelly Seaman, finding Hannah Hardy in the D, who saw the incoming run from Charly Burgess at the far post, who slotted the ball home smartly. Dragons maintained the pressure, great work down the left saw Karen O’Neill Simpson find Caroline Wolfe, who was making some great runs along the forward line. Wolfe made her way into the D and earned a short corner – Gail Thomas slipping the ball to Hannah Hardy, whose ‘bobbling’ effort was dispatched across the line by the ever alert Caroline Wolfe.
With Angela Murgatroyd taking a nasty knock to the knee, Dragons looked like they may be forced down to 10, but the Dragons spirit shone through and she battled on, despite the egg on her knee! Letchworth had their spell in the game and with Kate Bond in fine form and the defence mopping up any threat, Dragons thought they were going into the break 2 up, however a late short corner bullet saw the deficit halved by the home team.
At half time, to add to the cold, the rain started to fall and the wind picked up. Dragons knew they were in or a battle, none more so when Letchworth scored the goal of the game with the ball fired into the D and a fantastic glanced effort flew past keeper Bond. The game remained quite even, however mid way through the half a Letchworth short corner glanced off a Dragons stick for a 3-2 lead.
Dragons continued to fight, with chances coming and going, but the team were determined to battle on, despite being down to 10 players for 2 minutes. During this time they forced a number of short corners and with 5 minutes to go, Gail Thomas struck a short from the top of the D, this time glancing off a Letchworth stick into the goal to equalise. Dragons then pushed for the winner and had the ball in the net at the very end, however a foot in the D meant this was ruled out.
So in the wind, rain and arctic conditions, with most players barely able to hold their sticks let alone feel their fingers, the game was to be decided on penalty flicks. The first 5 penalty flicks were taken and the score again remained even at 2-2, with Hardy and Thomas both scoring and Bond making some good saves. Sudden death saw Hardy step forward to score, leaving Letchworth needing to score theirs to continue the game. Kate Bond stood tall in her goal, and made the vital save, taking Dragons through to Round 3.
Thanks to Letchworth who were fine hosts and well played to the 11 who battled for the Dragons cause!

Mens East League Division 2N
Norwich Dragons 1s 3-2 IES 2

Men’s 1s faced a tricky fixture away to IES 2nds. An excellent match played out on the Rushmere smurf turf: Dragons took a very early lead with a shot and lifted follow-up for Ben Watson’s first league goal of the season. IES countered immediately with a thumped backhand. An open game ensued with IES hitting long to runners in the circle, admirably dealt with by Dragons’ defence. A couple of corners for Dragons led to a goal for Snelling. A bit of a duffed routine but the keeper ended up beached for a easy finish. IES came out hard after the break with the wind at their backs. Dragons played more on the break and stretched the lead with a solid slap by Matt Knights.  IES continued to chase and got back to 2-3 but there the game ended.

Mens East League Division 3NE
Norwich Dragons 2s 4-1 Pelicans 2

Men’s East Hockey League Division 4NE
Norwich Dragons 3s 3-1 IES 4

The Men’s 3s travelled to Ipswich to play IES 4s on what turned out to be a lovely sunny game.  The 3s welcomed back Stu KELLY and Jon GOODSON into the fold, and decked out in the black kit, Dragons took to the smurf turf.

IES pressed high from the start and Dragons struggled to get the ball out of their area, with IES making a ring and blocking balls through.  Early pressure saw Dragons concede a short corner and which IES slotted into the back corner to take the lead.

This woke the Dragons who started to pass the ball around and worked the ball well around the pitch.  The first half ended and Dragons were determined to have a better second half.

Dragons started strong with all parts of the team working as a unit.  Stu KELLY, James GOODSON, Piers GORDON-BROWN and Adam SAYER kept IES from getting shots off, and the couple of times they did break through, keeper Ben NKRUMAH was at hand to swat the ball away.

Jose SAN MILAN dominated the right and linked up with forwards Max LAMING, Will KIRBY and Matt JENKINS.  As in the past few games George BOWMAN worked tirelessly in the middle and was complimented by Jon GOODSON who cut out many IES balls through the centre.  Lloyd SAYER also caused problems for the IES middle, often winning the ball off them and slipping it through to the forwards.

Dragons won a short corner and a slick passing move by John IVES, left Adam SAYER to flick the ball into the netting, drawing the scores level.  Dragons continued their attack and IES barely got into Dragon’s D.  Again John IVES set up Will KIRBY who smacked the ball in for Dragons, and towards the end of the game, Max LAMING knocked another in.  Dragons saw out the game and finished with a victory, taking much cherished 3 points back to Norwich.

Men’s East League Division 4NE
Norwich Dragons 4s 3-2 Lowestoft Railway 2

Dragons hosted bottom of the table Railway 2 at a wet, windy and chilly Den as darkness fell.

With Railway sitting bottom of the table, it appeared to be a good chance for Dragons to gain 3 points, but Railway stunned the Dragons when they scored early in the game after the ball ran kindly out of a tackle.

Dragons regrouped and started to show some more of the quality seen so far this season.  A slick attacking move saw Adie Kemp control the ball in front of goal and calmly flick the ball past the stranded Railway keeper.  Dragons continued to create chances, with Tim Allen working hard in the centre of midfield, whilst Pedro Goss, Nick Turner and Will Ives provided pace on the wings.  Up front Adie Kemp was joined by Jon Chaney Baxter who returned from a couple of weeks galavanting to put in a Man of the Match performance, creating a number of chances and posing the Railway defence problems every time he got on the ball.  Garnett Jones showed his usual quality, controlling and passing the ball well and getting into excellent positions.  It was he who added a second goal for Dragons with a measured finish.  A third goal followed before half time when Adie Kemp passed across the D from a narrow angle and Pedro Goss slotted home.

3-1 at half time with Dragons playing well perhaps led to a bit of complacency and in the second half Railway posed more of a threat.  As the pressure mounted a few green cards were shown and Dragons’ form dipped.  Unable to convert any more chances it was up to the Dragons defence of Dim Ives in goal, Peter Davison, Neil Shorten, Andy Carver and Rich Phillis, with Rob Jenkins playing defensive midfield, to keep them in the game, marking tightly and making some crucial tackles and interceptions.  With just a minute or two left, a Railway break saw a powerful shot into the corner cut the deficit to a single goal, but the final whistle came before Railway could mount any further attacks and the game ended 3-2.

Dragons climb to 4th in the table and will remain ahead of the 3s regardless of the result in the eagerly anticipated intra-club fixture next week.

Men’s East League Division 6NE
Norwich Dragons 5s 1-3 Nomads 1

On a chilly afternoon at the Den, Dragons hosted a Norfolk Nomads 1st team, who we knew would be difficult opposition. The first half was very scrappy, with neither side having any chances. This being said Rob Chaney Baxters pace up front was causing several problems, and with a bit of luck he may have bagged a goal. However soon Dragons were awarded a short corner, in which Andrew Cross ejected to Phil York Smith, who very cutely slipped it back to Crossy, who was able to push the ball into an open goal. Another highlight of the half was watching Lee Keeler hurdle a Nomads player, superb athleticism… A chuffed team went into half time 1-0 to the good.

The oranges made their usual appearance, and dragons knew the same discipline was needed in order to gain the three points. However Nomads started the second half strongly, and cross came in that ricochetted to the forward, who happily accepted it to equalise. Very unlucky goal to concede. Sadly Nomads soon scored again, following a nice following move with a good finish. Dragons pressure came, but unfortunately it just wouldn’t go our way, and with a few minutes to go Nomads scored again, with a nice finish. Final Score was 3-1 to the Nomads.

All in all a good performance, the game just didn’t quite go our way unfortunately. MoM went to Sol Blazer in midfield. Move on to next week now.

Men’s East League Division 7NE
Norwich Dragons 6s 2-2 Watton 2

A draw was a fair result in this game. Early game Watton were on the front foot & this led to a mid-half goal. Dragons replied with an equaliser which Ed Crosier just bundled over the line & was well spotted by the umpire in an excellent position. Changes discussed at half time were effected when Watton went 1-2 up. Makeshift forward skipper Mike Banham returned to sweeper & Jon Price moved into attack. This gave a better team formation & was rewarded  when Price found the equaliser from short range. MOM was James King whose save in the 2nd half was immediately followed by our equaliser. Jordan Hambling was excellent as a probing midfielder while Dave Pentin continued his return from injury with a solid job in centre defence

Empresa Norfolk Boys Development League
Norwich Dragons A 6-0 Dragons B

On a very cold evening after a changeable day when it came to the weather, under floodlights at the den the mighty dragon’s B team met their friends in training, the dragon’s A team. Despite the disappointment of a couple of late call offs, under the leadership of Nat Beal the boys in white went into the first quarter with grit and determination to prove to the spectators and coaches that they were going to give the A team a battle. The players worked incredibly hard and I think all would admit matched the A teams work rate and team work early on. However, after some strong defence from Xander Wimmer, Casper Lind and Will Mares led by adult Jason Wolfe dragon’s A took advantage of the B teams fatigue and manged to win a short corner and consequently score from it. Soon the A team made it two from another short corner and dragons B went into the break feeling a little hard done by to be losing. After a short break and a tactical inspection from Coach Nat Beal and an inspirational talk from captain Jason Wolfe the B team took to the pitch with optimism hoping they can real the game back in. Unfortunately, a combination of some good skills, passing and shooting from the A team gave them a doubled lead going into half time of 4-0.

At half time Issy Wolfe came over to assist coach Nat Beal in the dugout and pass on some words of wisdom to the players. This and time to recover from the efforts of the first half the dragons went out to the third quarter and began to boss the game. The midfield of Daniel Shirly, Captain Mac Beaumont, adult George Bowman and colossus in the centre of midfield Jacob Hallet who seemed to take the ball of the A team players every time they got near him, seeing a lot of the ball, winning it then passing it on creating some half chance for Paul Delaiche and josh Cormack who got themselves in from very good positions but unfortunately neither could convert and a good counter attack from the A team saw the B team go in after the 3rd quarter 5-0 down.  Still refusing to give up the Dragons B team went into the final quarter with optimism they will be able to score a goal and they came close many times but unfortunately it wasn’t there day and after a break away the A team converted another chance making it 6-0… unfairly the B teams hard work wasn’t reflected in the score line. I think all those that were there however would agree they gave a very good account of themselves and deserved more out of the game but that’s hockey. After a few candidates being thrown in the mix for man of the match Alex Wolfe came out as deserved winner making some crucial as well as spectacular saves throughout the game and the whole of the B team as well of the A team were thoroughly impressed with his efforts.

Thanks to George Bowman for his efforts through the match too!

The whole of the B team can be very proud of their performance and if the keep improving at the rate they are they will soon be a match for the A team!

Empresa Norfolk Girls Development League
Norwich Dragons v Norwich City